For those involved in the design, management or maintenance of alarms and alarm systems, M.A.C. Solutions, developer of the ProcessVue® suite of alarm management software, is running a two-day alarm management training course in June and November 2018.
The course is aimed at providing all the information and guidance delegates require to successfully implement alarm management within their company, thus providing a basis for the ongoing safe and efficient operation of their plant. The course is strongly recommended for anyone responsible for leading improvements to the management of alarms within a process industry plant, particularly Upper and Lower Tier COMAH-regulated or FDA-regulated sites. These include oil & gas, petrochemicals, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, power stations, food processing and water companies.
Topics covered in the course include:
- Fundamentals of alarm management and the alarm improvement process.
- Benefits of alarm management with regard to your legislative and regulatory obligations and OEE improvements.
- Creation of an Alarm Philosophy and associated documentation.
- Alarm design principles.
- Master Alarm Databases.
- Benchmarking, auditing and assessing your system.
- Alarm rationalisation and implementation.
- Nuisance alarm remediation and advanced alarm handling.
On completion of the two-day training course, attendees should have learned everything they need to know about how to successfully implement alarm management on their site. The course will be taught by a knowledgeable, experienced alarm practitioner, so attendees will also learn many things they didn’t know they needed to know, and some of the pitfalls to avoid.