YARA are looking to recruit a CMS Co-Ordinator – more details of the role are below.
Please contact Martyn Jones for more information.
Martin Jones Health. Environment. Safety & Quality Manager Operations BU Europe Crop Nutrition BU Europe
This position undertakes the management of all the Safety Critical competencies that are linked to the Major Accident and Hazard elements in the COMAH safety case. The role is to ensure that all associated competencies are identified for each of the positions within each of the departmental areas within the COMAH operating facility and linked to the site safety report.
The individual contributes to the planning delivery and assessment of each of the identified elements and reports on the status on monthly basis by working closely with the HESQ and HR departments. The position requires a multi-discipline and multi-level approach, while managing and leading the site Safety Critical assessment function.
Formal Qualifications Required
- Completion of secondary modern education to minimum of GCSE A level preferred,
- Advanced Vocational Qualification.
- Safety Qualification: NEBOSH certificate.
- NVQ A1 assessor.Level & Type of Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required
- A minimum of 10 yrs experience in chemical, oil or gas or associated process environments
- Proven experience of Human Reliability studies and implementing effective controls
- Chemical plant maintenance and operations experience.
- CIPD development levels 3 and 4 vocational qualifications
- COMAH regulations and Process Safety Management competence.
- Knowledge of Competence management Systems required for Top Tier COMAH establishments.
- High level of written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- High level of IT skills (MS Office, SAP, Sharepoint).
- Ability to interpret SOI’s and alarm and trip schedules, Interpretation of P&ID’s
- Ability to use related HSE documentation internal and external.
- Sound appreciation of Organisational Design requirements for a COMAH chemical facility
- Experience of Continuous Improvement and LEAN processes and systems.
- Reducing error and influencing behaviour, HSG48.
- Developing and maintaining staff competence: railway safety principles and guidance (part 3 section A) HSG197.
|1. Lead the Competence Management program at the Yara Pocklington COMAH site|
|2. Manage the coordination of human reliability assessments and support the development of SOP’s, SPL;s and unit of competences for all aspects of the sites COMAH operations|
|3. Provide Competence Assurance subject matter expertise for the HESQ and HR Teams.|
|4. Develop, implement, control and administer the CMS within the site and HSE expectations.|
|5. Facilitate the identification and development of training and development material required for the assured competence of personnel with Safety Critical Roles and Responsibilities.|
|6. Develop a systematic architecture to enable all MAH associated competencies to be easily identified.|
|7. Manage, lead and support the work based assessors in the scheduling and delivery of plant based assessments.|
|8. Align the Competence Management System to relevant Safety Critical roles, procedures and subsequent tasks.|
|9. Develop and guide Line Managers in the principles of Competence Management.|
|10. Plan and Coordinate Safety Critical refresher training and assessment session through a decay meter principle.|
|11. Review associated MAH position profiles and with line managers and holders assess if they are Safety Critical – highlighting the specific elements linked to MAH.|
|12. Coach line managers on the outline principles of Competence Assurance for the hazardous industries|
|13. Define performance standards for the selected assessments and ensure all are outcome based|
|14. Contribute to the Safety report to demonstrate that the site has in place a system for providing and maintaining appropriate levels of management and employee competence|
|15. Provide direction to Production and Maintenance departments in identifying Safety Critical roles.|
|16. Provide training support to associates wherever Competence Assurance expertise required.|
|17. Manage the monitoring audit and review process of the Competence Management System and feedback through the training and development monthly report.|
|18. Provide support for the Human Factors Roadmap for the Management of MAH.|