The Operator will work independently and with other personnel to maintain and operate equipment and processes, adjusting and monitoring plant equipment to set targets. A requirement of the position is to take and successfully pass the City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Process Technology. Whilst the course work for this is carried out in your own time, all course fees will be paid for by the company.
Should you progress to interview stage you will be asked to provide proof that you have met the required education requirements, so must be able to produce copes of examination certificates.
Short listed candidates will be asked to participate in an assessment process which may include online psychometric assessment, a selection of ability tests as well as a structured interview. The intent of the assessment process is to assess candidates fairly on the core competencies that are required for the role.
Responsibilities May Include
· Demonstrating awareness and commitment to safety
· Maintaining equipment and operations
· Taking samples/readings of various process streams
· Operating unit consoles
· Monitoring and observing assigned area for abnormal conditions and emergency situations
· Working with outside contractors and agencies
· Participating in safety reviews
· Initiating work orders and permitting for work related to the assigned unit.
· Maintaining proper and safe process operations of the operating equipment
· Serving on the emergency response fire brigade, rescue team, and/or first responder team
· Participating in annual training refreshers
· Upholding company values, understanding and implementing all relevant company policies and procedures to ensure all work meets the required standard
· Legally authorized to work in the job posting country without restrictions
· Must have at least 4 GCSEs/’O’ Levels at Grade A-C, 2 of which must be in Maths and English or equivalent higher qualification
· Must have full, current, valid UK drivers licence
· Must be willing & able to work rotating 12 hours shifts which includes working weekends and bank holidays
· Must be willing & able to read and interpret technical procedures and materials in English
· Must be willing & able to learn computer software associated with process operation
· Must be willing & able to work shift schedule, including days, nights, weekend, holidays, rotating shift
· Must be willing & able to work overtime
· Must be willing & able to work in confined spaces i.e.tanks and silos, near large, hot, high speed machines and products under high pressure or temperature
· Must be willing & able to work around chemicals, including acids and bases
· Must be willing & able to wear PPE, i.e. protective footwear, ear/eye protection and breathing apparatus
· Must be willing to remove facial hair so that a respirator/face mask can seal properly
· Must be willing and able to perform fire-fighting duties
· Must be willing and able to work outside in all weather conditions
· Take and successfully pass the City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Process Technology. Coursework will be carried out in your own time but all course fees will be paid for by the Company.
The Humber Refinery is located on the east coast of England in North Lincolnshire, United Kingdom, approximately 180 miles north of London. Humber’s facilities include crude distilling, naphtha reforming, fluid catalytic cracking, hydrodesulfurization, thermal cracking and delayed coking units. The refinery has two coking units with associated calcining plants, which produce high-value graphite and anode petroleum cokes. It processes crude oil supplied primarily from the North Sea and includes light, low- and medium-sulfur and acidic crude oil. Humber produces a high percentage of transportation fuels. It is the only coking refinery in the United Kingdom, and a major producer of specialty graphite cokes and anode coke. Approximately 70 percent of the light oils produced by the refinery are distributed to customers in the United Kingdom by pipeline, rail car and truck, while the other products are exported to the rest of Europe, West Africa and the United States.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company’s master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,300 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $58 billion of assets as of March 31, 2019. For more information, visit http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co.
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all pre-screening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of 22nd August, 2019.
To apply please visit our website at www.phillips66.jobs. Click on ‘Find Jobs’, Filter by ‘Country’ and select ‘United Kingdom’. Click on the job title and ‘Apply Now’