Each candidate will be assessed as to their knowledge and understanding in the use of abrasive wheel equipment; a theory question paper will be taken by each candidate to ensure their understanding of the subjects.
• Review of relevant H&S regulations and appropriate PPE
• Responsibilities and relevant risk assessments
• Identification of abrasive wheels, ensuring they are t for purpose and the probable causes that give rise to wheel failure
• How to safely isolate a pedestal grinder prior to carrying out maintenance activities
• Checking for faults by inspecting, wheel mounting and safety
• Markings on abrasive wheels
• Storage, handling and transportation of abrasive wheels
• Dressing of abrasive wheels
• Guarding and correct adjustment
To provide individuals with the knowledge and understanding needed to use abrasive wheels safely and to comply with current regulations.
Half day course: £120 + VAT
CATCH Skills certification will be awarded upon full completion of the course.
If you would like to make a block booking for a bespoke training course please contact us on 01469 552828 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.