Aims and Objectives:
This course is designed for workers who operate within Low Risk Confined Spaces across a wide variety of industries. The definition of a Low Risk
Confined Space is a low, shallow entry with adequate natural or mechanical ventilation, where access is simple and unobstructed and there is no likely risk of flooding. Eg: meter pits, valve chambers, booster-pumping stations, PRV chambers. The aim of this unit is to assess learners against the national standard in a realistic low risk environment preparing to work safely; entering and exiting confined spaces safely; using equipment and tools safely; following procedures and dealing with emergencies.
• Prepare to enter and work safely in low risk confined spaces.
• Enter and exit confined spaces safely.
• Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions.
• Follow procedures and work safely.
• Deal with emergencies.
• Use appropriate behaviour for working in low risk confined spaces.
For course dates please contact the team on 01469 552828.
The assessment includes both practical elements which involves the use of our internal confined space unit. 1 day course which is City and Guilds