Designed for employees required to carry out slinging / rigging duties as part of their job. This course is formulated to familiarise personnel with various types of slinging and lifting equipment and legislation governing its use.
To develop candidates’ skills and knowledge in the complexities of slinging and lifting so as to be able to select the correct equipment for any task that may be undertaken.
On completion of the course the slinger will be able to:
• Understand their responsibility under the:
• Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
• Factories Act 1961 and/or Constructions Lifting Requirements 1961
• In-company codes of practice
• Select and inspect equipment needed to carry out any given task
• Assess the best method of slinging any given subject
• Assess the correct sling angles and make any necessary reductions in safe working load
• Carry out practical lifts after selecting correct equipment and making any necessary adjustments to safe working load of lifting tackle
One day course
CATCH Skills certification will be awarded upon full completion of the course.
If you would like to make a block booking for a bespoke training course please contact us on 01469 552832 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.